- The shortest complete sentence in the English language is “I am.”
- The most used letter in the English alphabet is ‘E’, and ‘Q’ is the least used!
- Floccinaucinihilipilification, the declaration of an item being useless, is the longest non-medical term in the English language.
- Goddessship is the only word in the English language with a triple letter.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet!
- In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass.
- “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
- The longest word in the English language is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’ which describes a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of volcanic matter or a similar fine dust.
- “Jack” is the most common name in nursery rhymes.
- In the English language there are only three words that have a letter that repeats six times. Degenerescence (six e’s), Indivisibility (six i’s), and nonannouncement (six n’s).
- The only three words in the English language to have 2 consecutive u’s is vacuum, residuum, and continuum.
- The very first dictionary “The American” took Noah Webster 20 years to put together.
- The word “alphabet” is derived from the first two letters in the Greek alphabet: “alpha” and “beta”.
- Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions!
- The only word in the English language that has 4 sets of double letters in a row is balloonneer.
- The only words with all the vowels listed in order are facetiously and abstemiously.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”.
- The only word with all the vowels in reverse order is subcontinental.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month!