Why learn to speak English?
First of all, learning new languages is fun and very rewarding. Being able to communicate with different people from around the world is only the beginning. By learning a new language you are opening the door to endless possibilities; further studies of culture, science, business, etc. As well as improving your career prospects.
Quite simply, English is the most widely used language in the world:
- Most webpages are in English.
- Over two-thirds of the world’s scientists read in English.
- 75% of the world’s mail is in English.
- 80% of the world’s electronically stored information is in English.
- And about one-and-a-half billion people speak English worldwide.
So, pretty popular then…